Xyntek is seeking an entrepreneurial-minded, dedicated, and motivated Business Unit Development Manager on the West Coast in order to continue to build Xyntek’s market position by identifying, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing contracts featuring Xyntek’s solutions and services.
The Business Unit Development Manager will report directly to the Xyntek Sr. Vice President and be involved in all aspects of the Sales, Business Development, Marketing, and Engineering Operations required for Xyntek market growth and positioning.
Focus will be across Xyntek’s four main business areas, including:
• IT and Real-time Systems Automation solutions throughout the Life Sciences Drug Development and Manufacturing business processes
• Serialization Solutions for Pharmaceutical Supply Chain
• Biometrics Solutions for User Registration and Authentication
• Mobile Application Development
The ideal candidates will be involved in all aspects of Business Development and solutions selling, including:
• Screening potential business deals/opportunities with final end user customers & analyzing market strategies, deal/opportunity requirements, prospect and market potential, and financials.
• Locating or proposing potential business solutions by contacting end user customers and potential technology partners; & discovering and exploring opportunities.
• Closing new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
• Enhancing organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Identifying trendsetter and innovative ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements.
• Developing negotiation strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture within company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials with both the end user and the potential technology partners' needs and goals.
• Protecting organization's value by keeping all business strategies and technical information confidential.
• Continuously update one’s knowledge base of the industry by participating in educational conferences; reading professional publications; maintaining professional networks; & participating in professional organizations, and presenting technology updates and Xyntek success stories at professional conferences.
• Ideal skillset includes past history of Meeting/Exceeding Sales Goals, Strong Prospecting, Presentation, and Closing Skills; Sales Planning, Selling to Customer Needs (Solution Selling), Territory Management, Market Knowledge of the Life Science Industry, Self-Motivation for Sales/Results, High Energy Level, and Professionalism.
• Proven track record of successful selling of technical solutions and services within the Life Sciences and Healthcare Industry.
• Knowledge and experience with various Information Technology and Automation platforms across the various drug development, production, packaging and supply chain business.
• Bachelors / Master’s degree in Business Administration, Computer & Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Engineering Management, MIS or related IT degrees, Technical Marketing
• Strong technical writing, communication, and presentation skills
• Experience with typical off-the-shelf CRM software such as ACT, and other PC-based software packages such as Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Assuming all the above responsibilities have been executed at a level of perfection and all sales quotas are met, this position could lead to a VP position responsible for running one of the company’s divisions, product groups, & or solutions & services.
Established in 1986, Xyntek, Inc. is an Information Technology and Automation Systems Engineering Consulting, Design, Development, and Implementation firm. Our solutions and services are provided to Fortune 100 companies in the Life Sciences industry including:
• Medical Device
• Healthcare (Hospital IT)
At Xyntek, employees are our most valuable resources, and an integral part of our success. We work hard and play to win. Xyntek offers excellent benefits, competitive salaries, and a high energy work environment.
• Health plan insurance plan covers (medical, dental, & vision. Plan is 100% paid by the company. )
• 401K with company match & profit sharing. Fully vested after one year of full time employment.
• Paid vacations & holidays equivalent to one month's salary.
• 100% company paid lunches when working out of the office.
• 100% Company paid expenses for attendance at Professional Conferences and events.
• 100% Company sponsored social gatherings & events.
• Annual performance based raises & bonuses.
• Mentorship Programs
• Fast track technical & management career growth.
Xyntek is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.