Business Development Manager (Government, Military, Defense, Information Technology, & Cybersecurity)
Xyntek is seeking entrepreneurial-minded, dedicated, and motivated Business Unit Development Managers to continue to build Xyntek’s market position by identifying, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing contracts featuring Xyntek’s high-end Real Time Information Technology, Systems Automation, & turnkey solutions within the Government, Military, and Defense industries.
The ideal candidates will be involved in all aspects of Business Development and solutions selling, including:
- Screening potential business deals with final end user customers & analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, prospect and market potential, and financials.
- Locating or proposing potential business solutions by contacting end user customers and potential technology partners; & discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Closing new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Enhancing organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Identifying trendsetter and innovative ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements.
- Developing negotiation strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture within company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials with both the end user and the potential technology partners' needs and goals.
- Protecting organization's value by keeping all business strategies and technical information confidential.
- Continuously updating knowledge base of the target industries by participating in educational conferences; reading professional publications; maintaining professional networks; & participating in professional organizations, and presenting technology updates and Xyntek success stories at professional conferences.
- Travel (at minimum) twice a month from Northern Va./MD to Xyntek’s corporate office in Newtown, Pa.
- Proven-track record of successful solutions selling of engineering consulting and turnkey delivery services in the areas of Information systems, automation technologies, and systems integration
- Established relationships and proven-track record developing, closing, and delivering multi-million dollar opportunities within the Government, Military, and/or Defense industries focused in selling Information Technology & System Solutions.
- Experience in negotiating with current government prime contractors, both large and small, to develop partnering relationships for securing prime/subcontracting government contracts.
- Knowledge of cyber security solutions
- Ideal skillset includes past history of Meeting/Exceeding Sales Goals, Strong Prospecting, Presentation, and Closing Skills; Sales Planning, Selling to Customer Needs (Solution Selling), Territory Management, Market Knowledge of the Life Science Industry, Self-Motivation for Sales/Results, High Energy Level, and Professionalism.
- Knowledge and experience with various Information Technology and Automation platforms across the drug research and development, production, packaging and supply chain business.
- Bachelors / Master’s degree in Business Administration, Computer & Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Engineering Management, MIS or related IT degrees, Technical Marketing
- Strong technical writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Experience with typical off-the-shelf CRM software such as ACT, and other PC-based software packages such as Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with technical / commercial proposal development/management and Capture Management
Established in 1986, Xyntek, Inc. is an Information Technology and Automation Systems Engineering Consulting, Design, Development, and Implementation firm. Our solutions and services are provided to Fortune 100 companies within various industries, including:
- Pharmaceutical / Biotech
- Medical Device
- Healthcare (Hospital IT)
- Government and Department of Defense (DOD)
At Xyntek, employees are our most valuable resources, and an integral part of our success. We work hard and play to win. Xyntek offers excellent benefits, competitive salaries, and a high energy work environment. Benefits include:
- Health plan insurance plan covers (medical, dental, & vision). Plan is 100% paid by the company;
- 401K with company match & profit sharing. Fully vested after one year of full time employment;
- Paid vacations & holidays equivalent to one month's salary;
- 100% company paid lunches when working in the office;
- 100% company paid expenses for attendance at professional conferences and events;
- 100% company sponsored social gatherings & events;
- Annual performance based raises & bonuses;
- Engineering mentorship programs;
- Fast track technical & management career growth.
Xyntek is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to supporting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce.